IYT U is a student success initiative at Sacramento State focused on increasing the number of men of color that graduate on time and prepared to enter for the workforce. The program is built upon 5 pillars: Brotherhood, Scholarship, Community, Mentorship and Career.
- Winter and Spring Brotherhood Retreats
- Fellowship with like-minded men of color
- Food/Meals at meetings, workshops and study halls.
- 2-3 community service opportunities per academic year.
- Monthly academic/life check-ups with designated mentor.
- 1 to 1 mentorship by professional like-minded men of color
- Weekly/daily designated study space/hall. Food/meals are provided.
- Minimum twice-per-semester one-on-one academic counseling/coaching in conjunction with Sacramento State Counseling and EOP.
- Once-per-semester financial aid counseling in partnership with Sacramento State Financial Aid Office
- Minimum 2-3 leadership skill building workshops per academic year.
- Each brother must lead one activity/task/initiative before completing program.
- Paid Employment through the IYT College Academy and IYT Continue to Dream Academy
- Internship opportunities at major employers across Sacramento including the California State Capitol, SMUD, Kaiser, etc
- Visits to major corporations such as Facebook, Google, Tesla etc
- Once-per-semester career counseling/coaching meeting.
- Resume/CV and cover letter completion during first semester of joining.
- Application assistance for post-graduate opportunities (e.g. fellowships, scholarships, employment)