The core initiatives and services provided to IYT students include:
- Academic Support: Weekly tutoring, monthly skill institutes, and summer workshops.
- College Preparation: College readiness advice, application coaching, and university visits.
- College Success: Grants/emergency loans to IYT college students, monthly mentorship check-ins, quarterly video calls, scholarships and financial aid assistance.
- Workforce Development: Annual career exploration trips, Eight-week paid Capitol Internship Program, and IYT College Hire Program (employs IYT college students as mentors/tutors).
- Mentorship: 1:1 Mentorship. Mentor meets monthly with student to review grades, attendance, and personal issues.
- Cognitive Skills Development: “I am Me” summer program that strengthens decision-making and coping capabilities among students who have experienced chronic stress or violence.